- 25 years old Steve Smith became the youngest winner since Clarke in 2005 to win ODI and Test Player of The Year.
He became the third player after Rickey Pointing and Shane Watson to win the Trifecta of Allan Border Medal, ODI and Test Player of the year.
- Portugal star footballer Cristiano Ronaldo could reportedly be banned for almost 12 matches.
- Asian Junior Squash Championship to be held from 28 Jan to 1 Feb at Kuala lampur.
- Samsung is going to establish a mobile phone plant at its Noida Complex worth Rs. 517 Crore.
Samsung India President and CEO- Hyun Chil Hong.
- German carmaker Volks wagen inaugrated its first engine assembly plant in Chakan, Pune.
India President and MD- Mahesh Kodumudi.
- India has appealed to Dispute Settelment Board of the WTO for a panel decision on its issues with the U.S. over agricultural imports.
In 2012 India banned the importization of agricultural products from U.S. because of concern related to Avian Influenza.
- RBI signed MOU on Supervisory Cooperation and Exchange of Supervisory Information with Banco Cental do Brasil.
- Infosys co-founder Narayana Murthy donated 200,000 Pounds for the development of the statue of Mahatma Gandhi at Parliament Square in London.
- A MiG-27 fighter of Indian Air force crashed in Barmer Rajasthan.
- Government plans to introduce “Wage Code” that will replace central laws relating to wage matters.
- ACC appointed K Durga Prasad as new Special DG to CRPF.
- US Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker recently in news.
- India High Commissioner to Pakistan TCA Raghvan recently in news.
- Hobarts:- Is the capital of Tasmania situated on the shores of Derwent River and at foothills of Mount Wellington.
Lonely Planet placed it as one of the worlds top 10 places to visit.
- Wellington:- Is the capital of Ne Zealand named after Arthur Wellesley, the Duke of wellington, and the hero of the Battle of Waterloo.
It has been called as the world’s coolest little capital.
- DSB:- Dispute Settlement Board
- SPS:- Sanitary and Phytosanitary.