- Milos Raonic, became the first Canadian man to reach the Australian Open quarters in 47 years.
- Cricket World Cup news.
–Auckland is the economic capital of New Zealand and is the largest and most populas city. It is also known as City of Sails because 1 out of 3 have a boat with them.
–Brisbane, named after the river Brisbane on which it was located. It also has the worlds first sanctuary for Koalas- The Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
- Sahyadari Industries Ltd. joined Swacha Bharat Abhiyan with the launch of “Cemply Swachalay” , to install 1 lakh green toilets by 2016.
- According to recent report , almost 25% of total warehousing/Logistics space uptake across India in 2014 was by e-retail players.
- FII inflow reaches to Rs. 21328 crore in January 2015 in which shares has been bought worth about Rs. 5992 crore and debt bought worth Rs. 15336 crore.
- Mahindra group plans to expand its renewable energy business and to invest Rs. 4500 crore over nest three to four years.
CMD- Anand Mahindra.
- India’s gold import from Switzerland crossed to 1.2 lakh crore in 2014.
- Major Mukund Vardarajn and Naik Neeraj Kumar posthumously awarded with Ashok Chakra by President of India.
- R.K. Laxman, India cartoonist passed away. He is best known for his creation The Common Man and for his daily cartoon strip, “You Said It” in The Times of India, which started in 1951.
He got the Raman Magsaysay Award in 1984 and Padma Vibhusan Award in 2005
- Saudi King Abdullah passed away and new king Prince Salman takes place of him .
- Syriza leader, Alexis Tsipras , became new Prime Minister of Greek.
- Colombia’s Paulina Vega was crowned as Miss Universe on the 63rd edition of Miss Universe contest at Florida.
- CLND- Civil Liability for Nuclear Damags act 2010