1. Who among the following has been recently awarded Saraswati Samman
for his book “Dhool Paudhon Par”?
Govind Mishra has won the Saraswati Samman for his work Dhool Paudhon
Par. The novel deals with life and struggles of the modern Indian woman.
Saraswati Samman is annually given to celebrated writers for out standing
contribution to literature in Indian languages. Mishra is a former IRS officer and
was awarded with Vyas Samman (1998) and Sahit ya Akademi Award (2008)
2. Which country is the current chair of G20 group of countries?
G20 is a group of 19 countries and EU. It started in 1999 and has served as a
major platform for international economic cooperation and decision-making.
3. The successful launch of Mars Orbital Mission into Mars orbit was done by
the critical test-fire of LAM of Mangalyaan. What does LAM stand for?
[A]Land Apogee Motor
[B]Liquid Aerial Motor
[C]Land Aerial Motor
[D]Liquid Apogee Motor
Liquid Apogee Motor
The critical test fire of LAM ultimately placed after a burn of 4 seconds using
0.5 kg fuel to slower the spacecraft. The success of Mangalyaan places India
as the first nation in the world to do so in first attempt and also the first Asian
nation to be able to reach Mars.
4. Who has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of Fiji?
Voreqe Bainimarama has been sworn-in as the new PM of Fiji. General
elections after 2006 military coup by Bainimarama, were held on 17
September 2014. He has won a clear majority of 60 % seats.
5. Which among the following places has been decided as the next SAARC
Cultural Capital for the year 2015-16?
At the 3rd meeting of SAARC at New Delhi, Bamiyan was declared as the new
Cultural Capital of SAARC for the year 2015-16. The Summit also declared
2016-17 as the SAARC Year of Cultural Heritage. The Summit took place at
New Delhi in September 2014
6. Government of India celebrated September 25 as which of the following
[B]Ant yodya Diwas
Ant yodya Diwas was observed to mark the 98th birth anniversary of Pandit
Deendayal Upadhyay who was the noted philosopher, historian and political
7. Which of the following forms a boundary between North and South Korea?
[D]19th Parallel38th Parallel
38th Parallel forms the boundary between North and South Korea. It lies 38
degrees north of the equator.
8. Who among the following has been selected for the ‘Right Livelihood Prize’
[A]Ole von Uexkull
Edward Snowden has been selected for the Right Livelihood Award also
known as Alternate Nobel Prize for his extraordinary courage to reveal the
extent of state surveillance which violated all international norms of mutual
trust and privacy.
9. Which two international cricketers have been selected as Bradman Honoree
[A]Sachin Tendulkar and Virat Kohli
[B]Virat Kohli and Steve Waugh
[C]Shane Wat son and Sachin Tendlkar
[D]Sachin Tendulkar and Steve Waugh
Sachin Tendulkar and Steve Waugh
Sachin Tendulkar and Steve Waugh have been selected by Sir Donald
Bradman as th selected awardees of the prize. The awardees are selected
on the basis of their contribution to international cricket which will promote the
sport. It is a non-profitable organisation set up in 1987.
10. India has recently approved the Agreement on Electric Power Trade with
The Union Government has approved the Electric Power Trade Agreement
with Nepal and has also ratified the grid connectivity and transmission across
the border. The agreement will strengthen the power trade between two