- Indian women Badminton team won bronze medal after get defeat by South korea
It was the India’s first medal in Badminton since men team won bronze in Seoul 1986.
- Arjuna award for the boxor Manoj Kumar confirmed.
- IFA- Indian Football Association, a governing body of Football in India fined 3 Mohammedam sporting officials for rowdy behaviour against refree in Calcutta Football League. Fined officials are…
Kamaruddin fined with Rs. 2 lakh,
Raju Ahmed and Bilal were fined with Rs. 50,000 each.
- E. Railway and Rail Coach Factory booked their spot in the super leaugue of 8 Oriental bank- Maharaja Ranjit Singh Hockey Touranament
- Centre is moving towards Revenue Sharing System for oil exploration contracts.
- EPFO to launch portable Universal Account Number(UAN) on 16th October. Besides this government will launch unified web portal for Labour Identification Number for bringing transparency in labour inspecton.
- Forest Department will soon ink pact with private companies who has shown their interest to invest their CSR funds in various Tiger Reserves.
Companies are McAfee, HP, Brtish telecom, and Sidwin.
- Governemnt is working on a cost effective plan for Ganga Rejuvenation by building 25 silt free barrages with in the river system to dilute waste and to maintain continuous flow of fresh water.
- Mandakini Ki Awaz, a radio service by AIR, can be tuned up by 200 villages in district and remote areas of chamoli and pauri districts of J&K for disaster Management.
- Union Ministry of Rural Development Nitin Gadkari has proposed MGNREGS to be restricted to only tribal and poor areas.
Revised labour to material ration from 60:40 to 51:49.
- Section 62 of Representation of People Act 1951, Confers voting rights on elector subjected to preventive detention.
- D. Rajkumar, Wildlife Conservation Foundation and representation of National Tiger Conservative Authority ban on movement of traffic near Bandipur Nationa Park from 9PM to 6AM at Highways NH212 and NH67.
- Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary (WWS), a major habitat of Asiatic elephants is situated in Kerla.
- UP decided to open Nirbhaya centers in all districts of state.
- Rajastha Government has launched an action paln to resolve malnutrition among children in Baran district, will provide 300 ASHA Sahyogini workers.
- Textile Ministry headed by Santosh Ganwar has said that government will open 26 Textile parks.
- A.N. Dar, former editor chief of National Herard passed away.
- Doordarshan has decided to start broadcast directly a bucket of 20 free to air channels.
- 21-September 2014 is celebrated as International Peace Day with theme The Right Of People To Peace.
- G20 on 21 September 2014 decided to put in place a mechanism for automatic exchange of tax information by 2017.
- John Key re-elected as Prime Minister of New Zealand for the 3rd time. He is holding this post since 2008.
- Voreque Bainimarama sworn in as Fiji’s new Prime Minister by President Epeli Naijatikau.
Capital and Currency of Fiji is Suva and Fijian Dollar respectively.
- United Nation summit on climate change held in New York.
- Ashraj Ghani Ahmadzai elected as new president-elect of Afghanistan.
- Lewis Hamilton of Mercedeez won Singapore Grand Prix followed by Sabestian vettle.
Other Important News:
- Yuki Bhambari, Ssaketh Mynemi and Divij Sharan are related to Tennis.
- Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilizers Ltd, Mumbai, CMD is Shri R.G. Rajan
- Operation Megh Rath and Sahayata are the two programs lauched by Army to rescue people from J&K flood hit areas.